The Wrecking Ball Call

Laughter & mayhem ensued on the Wrecking Ball Call! Not only did we get a chance to chat about what we all got out of this experience but the wrecking continued - LIVE! Enjoy the call.


MP3 File

One Journey Ends & Another Begins!

What a celebratory last day. The Wrecking Ball Call was amazingly fun. Spontaneous wreckage exploded! I'll get the recording posted as soon as I can.

In the meantime, let me announce our next delicious book: The Joy Diet by Martha Beck. Come on over, find out more and sign up here.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Wreck this Journal ~ Journey's End


(I'm sorry that there's a bit of hiss in this video. It does get better as you go along. I hope you'll hear what my heart's sharing through the bit of static)

Congratulations, you made it! What a glorious shared adventure!

From silliness to scaredness to boldness to gentleness, this journey has been painted with a colourful palette! Thank you for sharing your hearts, your creations, your giggles and belly laughs, your thoughts, your fears and your friendship. Thank you for reaching out to your friends, husbands, kids, colleagues, neighbours and inviting them to play. Thank you for opening up and spreading creative destruction everywhere. You are all wreck stars!

I'm looking forward to chatting with a number of you today, Friday July 31st at 2:00 EST. If you still need the phone number, please contact me at jamie(at)openthedoor(dot)ca. I'll be posting a recording of the call for those who can't make it.

On the call, I will be announcing our next book. I hope you'll join me for The Next Chapter's next adventure. Later today I'll put up a link to the new blog and the new sign-up form. You'll need to sign up to participate and be listed on the blogroll. Please also subscribe to News from Jamie Ridler Studios so that we can stay connected and I can keep you up-to-date on more exciting adventures!

If Wreck this Journal has stirred up some creativity and you'd like some support getting moving on a creative project, I've just opened up registration for Circe's Circle, a coaching telecircle for creative bloggers. I only take 6 people and it's the last time I'm offering it this year. I'm also offering a discount if you register before September 1st. I hope I'll see some of you there!

Thank you, wrecking crew. You are, each and every one of you, extraordinary!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning Connies lovely tree painting..ofcourse I'm enviou!!
    Hope to join you tomorrow,

    been wonderful participating in WTJ>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the journey. It has been a joy participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a wonderful adventure and I look forward to the next.
    Your studio is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I take away from wrecking?
    All those things, that you mentioned: thinking bigger, being more playful, even being more silly, critize less (there are not so much things in life where there are no wrongs, but wtj is one of them! It really is, and this was such a relief), just TRY NEW THINGS. And there was no feeling of pitiness: oh my God, why have a spoiled this page or Oh my God, why did I loose this- no, it was all part of the game and it felt so right.
    Jamie, you did a great job, just the right way, not too much rules (in fact no rules!), but so much support and always punctual! A big hug for that!
    It was such a wonderful challenge for me to write in a foreign language, which I haven’t used for so long. It lead me to new books, new thoughts, new people, it was such a pleasure and it will be in the next project.
    And I hope this will be love and laughter too.

    PS: 3 of my German blogreaders started wtj recently. And they all love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really enjoyed this project Jamie. I hope we can all do another project very similar one day! I look forward to the next project you will tell us about! ( I am going to continue plugging away at my journal as I am not yet finished with it) THANKS for sparking my creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A million thanks for the adventure. Not only the art part but the making new friends one. :) Your videos were warm and engaging.

    Looking forward to the next journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you thank you thank you Jamie for choosing this book, this journal. It was so much fun and I have learned a lot through the wrecking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been an incredible, truly opening experience for me.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jamie! I'm so glad I joined this group for this book. As I mentioned in my first post, it was a book I wanted to play with, but did not buy until I learned about this book club! What a treat to visit the ladies and to receive such encouragement to play and step out of the box! Many thanks for hosting this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been really, really fun, Jamie! I'm so glad I joined - it was just the perfect thing for me to burn some creative energy on while I worked on my new studio space and my brand new website!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jamie, thanks so much! Your enlightening and encouraging videos has been such a source of inspiration and affirmation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again Thanks Jamie... I am behind but my posts explains it all...My journal a work in progress but one i shall now enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jamie and all my new Wrecking Friends- Thanks for the inspiration, the fun, the laughs! I have loved this project and am still working towards the letting go part. I have seen such amazing work from all of you and I feel I will carry this experience with me in myriad ways.

    You are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry i missed the conference call. We had a tragdey, a close friend of my family fell to his death, details stillunknnown and very sysupect
    i was too bummed out to think straight
    I downloaded the call and it was so inspirational Jamie you have such an amazing voice. I hope to be able to do a class with you soon, gotta get my finances straight/

    its been awesome..yes AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, I thought I'd posted a comment already, but I don't see it. Maybe it went off into some wrecking part of the universe. Maybe it was rinsed down the drain with my shower :) Well, whatever happened to my comment, it just doesn't matter at the moment.

    Jamie - Thank you. Thank you for being such a gracious host, for picking a FAB book and for getting enough people involved so that I could find my way here. It's truly been my pleasure to meet so many creative people all in one spot.

    I don't think that the journal will be a life altering event for me, but it sure did open my eyes to some possibilities that I didn't know existed before. For that, I am grateful.

    I enjoyed being a part of the conference call - what a blast it was to hear the voices of the blogs I've read.

    Thank you Thank You,
    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jamie - Thanks so much for leading us through this journey. What great fun! I will be back to see what everyone has done, and to listen in to the conference call - thanks for making that available.

    Thank you also for your wonderful joy and enthusiasm. You bring so much to this effort. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blessings All,

    I really enjoyed this process. I just finished it last night - August 16. It took me a little longer than I expected. This group has really supported me in my memoir writing and editing process. It also encouraged me to dig deeper into my creativity and release my need to overthink and analyze. I got a chance to look at my defintion of power from the inside out. WOW. Amazing. I learned how much fun it is to do video blogging by watching Jamie and Jenn Lee. I also took cues from Marilyn and so many other wonderful women. I was not able to visit and leave comments on a lot of blogs, but I loved the energy of everyone's spirit ... especially the comments in the main page's blog. Thank you all. Special thanks to Jaime.

    Peace, Joy, and Creativity,

    Ananda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't know that anyone is coming back since we're close to the next book, but just posted a film review of Keri's latest release... wanted to share it here since y'all started it!! :)
    miracles,
    k-

    ReplyDelete